#drawingoftheweek is a personal project; I have been doing from the start of the year.
In the last few years I have being drawing in small sketch books or journals as I travel all over London, it’s a way for me to focus /mediate as I travel on London transport or often waiting for London transport.
The rules I set for this project are:
• Post a drawing from that week’s set of drawing as part of #drawingoftheweek on twitter on Sunday or Monday.
• When I start a drawing I must finish it, and only then it can be dated.
• To record where the drawing was started and finished, i.e. on bus 321, train from Charing Cross or studio workbench.
• I start each drawing the same way, I start by trying to blank out everything around me and see what marks are first to be made.
• I never have any preset ideas how to finish a drawing; just keep drawing, until I think it finished.
• Post one drawing every week of the year.
I find as I look back over the last 21 posted drawing, it’s like looking at my diary, I start to remember, things I was working on at the studio, people on the bus, long wet journeys’ home in winter, etc.
Have a look out for more #drawingoftheweek by following@wmhudsonarton twitter.